Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Artful Tour of Atlanta















We went to Atlanta recently to visit my daughter and her husband and, of course, their adorable dachshund Ginger. Our son was there, too, and I won't bore you with the family photos I took. Here are a few Atlanta photos on the artsy side. (I know, it's not a proper artful tour of Atlanta without the High Museum, but we didn't go there this time)










The Aquarium in Atlanta is awesome, and the see-through tunnel through the giant fish tank inspired lots of photo snapping. Maybe a fish themed quilt will come of them?





















My daugher and husband live in the Cabbagetown neighborhood of Atlanta. The original residents were workers in the nearby textile mill. Times have changed and the neighborhood has evolved, but it is still charming. The textile mill is now condos. Nearby is an area the graffiti artists can't resist. Here's an example (sorry, it's a little blurry).


I can't believe I didn't think to take a photo of any of the beautiful blossoming trees in Atlanta! Cherry, dogwood, peach, and more. So here's a photo of a bush in our front yard here in Irvine, California. The name of the bush is "Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow." I think the dark purple blossoms are yesterday, the lavender ones are today, and the white ones are tomorrow. Pretty, huh?

No comments: