Monday, May 9, 2011

May update

The cats' old condo was looking worn, so we got rid of it and bought this spiffy new one. The cats wouldn't have anything to do with it until I sprayed it with catnip spray.

I still haven't seen Olive on it, but Matilda seems to like it.


I went to a retreat at Casa de Maria in Montecito last week. There were various fiber workshops, and one of them was a felt heirloom book. Mine isn't done yet, but here is a peek at it, in progress. My theme is, "When We Were Children." It has photos of some of my relatives when they were children, from my grandparents down to my grandchild.


We did Zentangles, too. Again, mine isn't finished yet. We painted, then drew on MPC (Multi-Purpose Cloth), available at Joanne in the home dec department. I'd like to eventually use it somehow - maybe as a pocket for a tote bag?
We did our own projects, too. I started this cute little sundress for Samantha.


We saw this fabulous primitive red and white quilt on the drive home. This was in Summerland? I think. What is it about red and white quilts that is so appealing?

Man, I can't believe it's already May 9. I gave a mini-workshop on Saturday afternoon, teaching English paper piecing to 5 willing Flying Geese quilters. It went well, I thought.

No comments: