Saturday, June 15, 2013

What's for dinner quilt, plus another sitting dog

I am excited that my quilt entry for the "What's for Dinner" special exhibit got accepted. Mine depicted ravioli, which was very fun to make out of fabric. I don't know if it's okay to show my quilt; I'll ask first. The exhibit will debut at Quilt Festival in Houston; I will let you know if it goes elsewhere.

I have started a new quilt, made with the marbled fabric I posted about recently. It's different from my typical quilts, and I like it! There will be photos when it is further along.

In the meantime, I can show you my latest dog creation. This is my fourth one!


Like the dogs that came before it, I am giving it away. It will probably go in a Christmas-themed basket that will be auctioned off at the Flying Geese Quilt Show in September.

I like these dogs so much, maybe because the face is a little like my dachshund, Ginger.




3 comments:

Cindy Cooksey said...

The designer of the stuffed dog is Tania Ho, and I found the pattern in Mollie Makes, issue 18.

Peggy L Calvert said...

Cindy,
What is Molly Makes?
I love these dogs.
Does she have cats???

Cindy Cooksey said...

Mollie Makes is a British craft magazine. I've seen it at Joann's. I'll bring some issues to the next meeting.