Sunday, February 9, 2014

Artists Reception at San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles

I made an appearance at an reception today at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles. As I mentioned before, I have a quilt in the Tasty Too! Exhibit. But the big exhibit is Metamorphosis, a mostly wearable art exhibit. It is outstanding! See it if you can!

This is my quilt, "Cubism Meets Baltimore," hanging at the SJMQT. I feel so honored! It is an oldy but a goody.

The Metamorphosis exhibit had some great pieces. I was quite taken by this sweater attributed to Kaffe Fassett. There were other mind-blowing pieces, but I don't remember their names. Highly recommended!

I took this photo of the crowd. I didn't know anyone except for the curator, Deborah Corsini, whose memory I am grateful for. Also Yvonne Porcella was there. She probably doesn't remember me, but I have taken a class from her, plus I sat next to her at the last Dinner at Eight dinner in Long Beach. I saw her during the artists tour but then lost track of her. But there she is, in the red vest! I didn't notice until I posted this photo.


2 comments:

Cindy Cooksey said...

In my defense, the reception room was dark. The flash on my camera lit up the room for the photo.

Unknown said...

WoW, Cindy! This is sooooo exciting! Your work deserves ths honor. I only wish I could have been there to toast you and your amazing talent. Congratulations!