Monday, June 30, 2014

Fiber Festival in Central New York

I gather that some of you have been patiently been waiting for me to post some photos from our recent trip to NY and Boston. I also know that this might be ho hum for the rest of you, but anyway here goes. These photos were all taken at a fun little Fiber Festival in a town near my daughter's farm in central NY. Sorry, I forget the location! Anyway, it was my kind of place, and I think we all had fun.

There were tons of vendors in big white tents, and we wandered through it all.This is Sammy with her mom.

We saw lots of furry animals that make yarn, such as sheep, goats, alpacas, and lots of angora rabbits in every color you can imagine.

Towards the end, we found a place where children could do their own crafts. Here are Sammy and Claire at work.

Pom poms and pipe cleaners.









Claire created several whimsical creatures. The girls were absorbed in the process for quite a while.




I will post the trip photos in dribs and drabs. I've been busy working on a small quilt with a tight deadline. so that's why I haven't posted more sooner.


No comments: