Monday, August 25, 2014

Artful tour of Oregon

Here are a few random shots from our trip to Portland last week. The rooster was in the lobby of the hotel we stayed at in Eugene. 5th Avenue Inn was the name I think.

My friend Vickie also had a quilt in the Coming Up Roses exhibit at Quilt Knit Stitch, "Sleeping Beauty". Isn't it beautiful? I also took a photo of a quilt I liked by Berene Campbell, "Rapunzel Rapunzel." It was in one of the many other exhibits.


There's a photo taken on the Max as i crossed the river between The convention center and our hotel. We stayed at the Heathman.
And another photo taken of the piano at Pioneer Square. 

The last photos are of the harbor view from our tiny hotel room in San Francisco, and some of the favorite things I found at Quilt! Knit! Stitch! Valdani threads and a packet of cool fabric. I will add the name of the designer later.

2 comments:

Linda A. Miller said...

Fun pictures! Glad you had a good trip.

Cindy Cooksey said...

It really was a fun time. I was surprised I only saw one person I knew there! You would have liked it, I think. Both art quilts and lots of beautiful yarns for knitting.