Thursday, August 10, 2017

Green Dog With Orange Ball

Forgive me for being so neglectful of my blog. The past few months have been a whirlwind of deadlines for multiple projects, plus preparation for speaking and teaching at Surfside Guild, and then travel for 15 days. I am still under one more deadline, but things have simmered down a bit, so I will try very hard to get up to date here.

First of all, I made a quilt for the latest Dinner @ Eight challenge: Personal Iconography: Graffiti on cloth. It felt like a more complex theme than usual - I wasn't sure I was on the right track - but I am happy to say my quilt did get accepted. Yay!


I was inspired by a photo of my sister-in-law Marti's dog, Gaia. She had such a soulful gaze and graceful pose.  The title is "Green Dog with Orange Ball." Look for it at Houston Quilt Festival!

2 comments:

Linda A. Miller said...

Wonderful piece, Cindy! Love the striking colors contrasted with serene dog! Congratulations on getting accepted!

Cindy Cooksey said...

Thanks, Linda!