Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Long Beach was fun!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post about the Long Beach Quilt Festival at the end of July. What can I say - it was awesome. My favorite thing was the Mixed Media Sampler class I took on Saturday. There were eight teachers - notably Yvonne Porcella and eleanor peace bailey - who all demonstrated various things while the students moved around the room. There was everything from calligraphy and felting to all kinds of stenciling, stamping, layering, drawing, etc.




Also the SAQA/Quilt Art Reception was fun. Karey Bresnehan was such a gracious host. Too bad the tiara parade sort of fell flat here - there is much more enthusiasm for this kind of thing in Houston!




Here's a photo of my Surf's Up quilt at the festival. It's called "If I Ever Tried Surfing." I'm thrilled that it was included in the festival vidcast. Go to http://www.quilts.com/lbqf08/enVivo/ and click on the ruby slippers. Then click on "New-Vidcasts" and then click on "Surf's Up." Karey narrates - it's priceless.


No comments: