Tuesday, September 16, 2008

World Alzheimer's Day

September 21 is World Alzheimer's Day. I added a Virtual Quilt Patch to honor my mother, who died earlier this year with Alzheimer's. You can see the patch if you scroll down on the right side. Her birthday is coming up on the 18th, and I will remember her by eating a little chocolate. One of her greatest pleasures was visiting a See's candy store.

26.6 million people have Alzheimer's world wide. I am part of a traveling exhibit called "Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece" that was organized by Ami Simms. Please visit http://www.alzquilts.org/ to learn more and make your own Virtual Quilt Patch.

2 comments:

AmiSimms said...

Cindy,
Thanks so much for creating a Virtual Quilt Patch in support of World Alzheimer's Day.

The link to our page should be .org instead of .com.

Thanks,
Ami :)
www.AlzQuilts.org

Cindy Cooksey said...

Thank you, Ami. I fixed it so it's right now.