Friday, November 5, 2010

Quilts out and about, and finished projects

It's been a couple of weeks, but this is my "Summertime Cat" at PIQF, taken by Terry. It's part of the travelling exhibit Noble Seasons/Summer. My "Mille Fiore" was also there.
My quilt "It's Your Fault" is currently in Houston at Quilt Festival, as part of the "Beneath the Surface" exhibit. You can see it on the far left of this photo taken by Jamie.

I'm almost finished with a small donation quilt, featuring a house  and a flag. I'll post it when it's finished. I'm also working on my Noble Seasons "Autumn" quilt.


I sent this off recently for Samantha, and I hear that she is wearing it. Hats are fun!


Ditto on this little alpaca number. The yarn was hand-dyed; I purchased it at the farmer's market where Martine and Jack sell their wares.


Here is the hat in progress, with a peek at what the yarn looked like before it gets knitted up. It's a mysterious melange in a ball, but it transforms into neat little stripes. Cool, huh?

2 comments:

Stacy Hurt said...

OMG that tomato hat is the BOMB!!! I bet it's just the most adorable thing to see it on Miss Sam! Love the hand dyed too! You are quite the knitter!!

Cindy Cooksey said...

I know, I've been hinting for photos of her wearing them. Have to make sure little Sammie stays warm... I knitted a little before, but as a grandma I find I have much more time than I did as a harried young mom. I'm learning lots of new things, and I'm really enjoying it.