Monday, November 15, 2010

weekend at the Bowers

This past Saturday and Sunday were spent at the Quilt Faire at the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana. Stacy, Peggy and I shared a table. It was fun spending time with old friends and making some new ones, too.  I sold patterns, note cards, pincushions, and business card holders.

They put our names and examples of our work on twin screens above the crowd. Nice touch! Thanks to Stacy for taking these photos, which I have shamelessly borrowed from her blog.


Peggy convinced me to give a demonstration on English paper piecing on Sunday. I brought all my hexagon quilts, large and small, handed out sheets of hexagons, gave a little demo, etc. I'm happy there was a nice turnout, and people seemed interested and asked good questions. I feel pretty good about it. If I'd been smart I would have announced this event ahead of time, but I was being lazy. Anyway, it went well. There is an ongoing quilt exhibit at the Bowers, featuring some of the quilts from their collection.

No comments: