Sunday, February 13, 2011

art quilt in progress

I still make art quilts, really I do. Here's a photo as proof, a detail of a work in progress. It depicts my California desert tortoise, Gramps (aka Grandpa T), who likes to hang out in the space between the air conditioner and the house.  It still has a ways to go....

I made these fingerless gloves for my daughter and gave them to her when she was here recently. They're the same pattern as a pair I made for myself, but with different yarn. The pattern comes from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I just love that book.

Here is my shitake patch during its second flush. I had already cut off two enormous mushrooms. This harvest totaled 12 large shitakes, and we're still enjoying them. Yum - they go with almost anything: swiss steak, steamed broccoli, any kind of soup, chicken, etc. In two weeks I'll start the third flush (growing period).

No comments: