Friday, March 2, 2012

photo journal

I didn't bring my camera last week while our son was in the hospital in Encinitas. I just didn't think I'd want to use it. You probably don't want to see a photo of his 1 1/2" scar on the side of his head! But as it turned out, some things were worth photographing, and so these were taken after we returned.

During a break, I went to the Visions Quilt Museum in San Diego. They had a few great exhibits there: Art Meets Science was wonderful. I also loved a wall of 12" x 12" saqa auction quilts from Del Thomas's collection. Also there was a nice group of mini quilts inspired by Beatles songs.


They had marvelous gallon-sized bags of kimono scraps in the Visions gift shop, for only ten bucks. I chose this one - yummy!


During another break, I took a wonderful walk along the beach in Carlsbad. I gathered some of these stones - not sure what I will do with them yet.


One small stone had a hole in it that went all the way through. It goes really well with this necklace I had, with a photo of my son surfing. (can't see it here)


My two kumquat trees are groaning with ripe fruit. I intend to make kumquat marmalade, I just need a block of time to pick, slice, cook, and can. Soon.


You will probably think I'm nuts, but I found the distorted image of the hexagon floor on the waste basket interesting.

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Oh, my goodness, Cindy. I hope your son heals quickly; thank goodness they figured it out!

And I don't think you are nuts - I would have taken the same photo of that wonderfully distorted reflection. Love it.

Cindy Cooksey said...

Thanks, Rayna. He is much better, still healing, taking it easy at home now.