Monday, July 30, 2012

Quilt, Eat, Sit, Quilt


This quilt by Maria Elkins wowed me at the Long Beach Quilt Festival. I'd seen it in print somewhere, but in person you can see the exquisite quilting and applique details. I think there's a photo of me with my quilt in the Rituals exhibit in my regular camera, but I haven't looked at it yet. Soon. I'll post it if it's a good one.


We have kumquats in July. I don't think that's happened before. We also had a major crop in January. I think the mild weather we're having has the trees confused. What season is it? We also have a few pomegranates and grapefruit growing. And lots of plums! Photo of that later.   

I had my family room chairs reupholstered recently, and less than 45 minutes after they were returned, my cat settled onto the back of one.   

Now she's sitting on the other one. It's a bit ironic because she's the very reason I had to have them reupholstered. Darned claws.

No comments: