Thursday, November 29, 2012

"puppy dog dreams" quilt

Here are Bob and Suzanne at the baby shower I went to last weekend. Suzanne is holding the little stuffed dog I made, seen in a recent blog post.

Now they're about to open up the baby quilt I made for them. You can see the Lotta Jansdotter fabric on the back.

Oh no! My memory stick ran out of room, so I didn't take any more photos at the shower.  I didn't take any formal photos of it at home either, but Matilda posed nicely for a Cat-on-my-quilt shot.

 

Here's another one.

Even Ginger got in on the act!

Here is a detail on the embroidered puppy dog faces that I did. I call the quilt "Puppy Dog Dreams," and yes, Bob and Suzanne have dogs. One's a corgy - see him in the lower left corner?

Here are the other embroidered puppy dog faces. The one in the middle is an approximation of their other dog. I lightly quilted the zig zag block pattern in the ditch (that's quilting lingo, for you non-quilters out there) and tied it throughout with yellow embroidery thread.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are in love with Madeline's quilt. We are so grateful that you gifted us these pieces of art from your heart.
Bob & Suzanne