Sunday, December 2, 2007

Book Signing at Soft Expressions; Ornaments at Folk Tree

The book signing at Soft Expressions was yesterday, and it was really fun. Four of us were there to sign Embellished Mini Quilts: author Jamie Fingal, me, Terry Waldron and Stacy Hurt. In addition to the book signing, there is a special exhibit of embellished small quilts in the upstairs gallery. The exhibit will be up for December and January, so you are welcome to come check it out, as well as the book and Sharla Hick's fabulous store, which caters to art quilters: Soft Expressions, 1230 N. Jefferson St. #M, Anaheim, CA 92807, http://www.softexpressions.com/

Here's a photo with me, Jamie, Terry and Stacy at the book signing.




Between jury duty and a trip to Colorado for Thanksgiving, November just zoomed by for me! Now it's December, and the holidays are in full swing. I went to an annual ornament exchange today. This is an easy exchange, because we each only have to make one ornament, and we get to take home a special, homemade ornament. This time I brought a blue fiber art ball to give (I think it's pictured in an earlier post, partly done), and I scored a beautiful table runner made by Mickey Berg. It's very colorful, and reversible to boot!




I also wanted to remind you about the handmade ornament exhibit/sale that I am participating in at the Folk Tree, 217 S. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105. There are handmade ornaments made by over 25 artists, available until December 31. The regular hours are M-W, 11-6; Th-Sat, 10-6; Sun, 12-5. http://www.folktree.com/

No comments: