Thursday, April 17, 2008

sad news, mixed media books

My mom died earlier this week. She battled Alzheimer's for many years and had been in hospice for several days. I'm doing my best to remember her better days, when she was a warm, loving and creative spirit, who continues to inspire me.


As I have mentioned in previous posts, I'm a participant in the Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece exhibit, which has been touring the country raising money for a cure for Alzheimer's. Last I checked, they have raised $157,000 for Alzheimer's research. http://www.alzquilts.com/


I really liked doing the mixed media book for Peggy in March. The topic was "What if?" My pages focused on the questions, "What if calicos spoke French...... and dachsunds spoke German?" I don't really speak any German. Thank you, Babelfish.com!
We've decided to show our pages along the way and not keep them a big secret for the end. This month I'm doing "Small Things" for Terry's book.

No comments: