Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Long Beach Quilt Festival



Well, tomorrow I'm headed to Long Beach for the big Quilt Festival, put on by the same folks who do the big wing-ding in Houston! We are all so excited that they decided to start a festival here, too, in Southern California. Long Beach is about a half hour's drive from Irvine. Woohoo!




I'm staying at the Hyatt next door and will be at the festival until Saturday afternoon. Thursday I signed up for a luncheon hosted by Pokey Bolton, "Surviving the Runway Challenge." I'm working at the SAQA booth on Friday morning, so if you're going, stop by and say hello. Then I signed up for the Bernina Fashion Show, and I'm going to the SAQA/Quilt Art List reception Friday evening. It's going to be so much fun! Saturday morning I signed up for a mixed media sampler. I also need to carve out time to see all the exhibits and check out the vendors - probably Friday afternoon.




I'll have two quilts in the show, one of them in the "Surf's Up" exhibit: "If I Ever Tried Surfing." Here's a detail shot of it. I also participated in a group quilt that will be in the "Everything Under the Sun"exhibit. Look for the pink carousel rabbit.

No comments: