Monday, September 22, 2008

Mixed Media Pages; Day of the Dead



These are the pages I did for Jamie's mixed media book. I did them a month ago but have been too busy to post them. Her theme was "Secrets of an Artful Life," and for my pages I did "Top 5 Tips for an Artful Life." It was a lot of fun. This is my last mixed media book to add to in this round robin. I loved it so much................ Many of these pages have been seeds for other things. For example, my "Hope is the Thing" quilt I just finished for Quilts on the Wall's Unfettered Letters challenge was inspired by the pages I did for Stacy.


Also, I submitted photos of some of the pages I did to Lark Books, offering to make mini quilts inspired by them for their upcoming Pretty Little Mini-Quilts. I'm thrilled that they asked me to make a mini-quilt of the heart collage pages I did for Joanell (you can see it a couple of posts before this one). Plus they want to use my "Flora del Coronado quilt," already finished. I'm totally excited about it!


I also just found out one of my fiber art balls, the one with Day of the Dead images on it, got accepted in the Day of the Dead exhibit at the Maude Kerns Art Center in Eugene, Oregon in October. Woohoo! I'll try to find time to locate a photo of it to post. If you live in Oregon, I hope you will check it out. There will be an opening reception on October 17 from 6 to 9. They promise music, dancing, food, excitement!

No comments: