Monday, November 15, 2010

little flag quilt and gloves for me

I finished this little quilt recently.  It's a donation for Furnishing Hope, to give to soldiers coming home. I liked how it turned out. I purposely chose an unpredictable color scheme. The "hills" are batiks from Ghana, the house is dupioni and the flag is Japanese silk.

Here's a detail.





I've been working on several knitting projects, but most of them cannot be shown for now (Christmas is on its way!). I can show this pair of fingerless gloves, because I made them for myself. I love how they turned out! I made similar pairs for my daughter and son-in-law for their birthdays in October. My pair is assymetrical, with one plain side and one cabled side, and I like it that way! This is the first thing that I've knitted for myself, in this go-around.


No comments: