Saturday, December 11, 2010

Matilda and what's for breakfast

Here's Matilda in her annual climb-to-the-top-of-the-ladder photo while I decorated the Christmas tree. She is pondering how she is going to get herself down, as she always does. When will she ever learn?

What's for breakfast? Cold leftover apple-cranberry pie, which I made for last night's Cut-Loose party. Yum. Life is good!


Also I had the first homegrown grapefruit from this year's harvest. You can see I was reading the "Craft Inc" article in this morning LA Times. They're talking about the popular local craft festivals, juxtaposed against the foreign-made handcrafted ornaments being sold in places like Crate and Barrel.  I have mixed feelings on the subject. On the one hand, it's good to support women who are making their lives better by making crafts in developing countries, and I do buy things like that from time to time. On the other hand, it's great to support local crafters and artisans. It's not only patriotic: buying local crafts is more eco-friendly than buying things that had to travel from many thousands of miles away. Support your local crafter!



No comments: