Thursday, August 25, 2011

quilt top and garden

I finished the quilt top and made it more or less square, as seen here. Since then, I've begun quilting, some by machine and some larger stitches with pearl cotton thread.

Most of the fabric was dyed, painted, resisted, discharged, stenciled, sun painted, drybrush relief'd, or... I think that's everything. There's also both positive and negative applique.


Thought you might like to see how my pomegranates  are doing. I think there 6 or 7 of them. It's my very first crop!


A big grapefruit crop is also coming along.

The strawberry guavas are just starting to get ripe. There will be several waves of strawberry guavas in the coming months; last year I froze them as they came ripe, then eventually made strawberry guava jelly. Any ideas about what else to do with them???? Here is some low-hanging fruit that even Ginger can reach.


The kumquats are green and won't be ripe until December/January.

Here's Ginger in her latest top.

2 comments:

Rayna said...

Hi Cindy,

Were your kids ok? That area got zonked, too!
Amazing - you would never know there was such a disaster by looking out my window. Ten minutes away, highways are under water and my daughter can't get out of her town -- nor could I get close to it if I wanted to. So random.

I haven't even tried to get to my studio, but that's ok. I'm sewing.

Cindy Cooksey said...

They were without power for about 24 hours, so that's not too bad. We're flying out there in September, so we're prepared for road closures and detours.