Saturday, May 19, 2012

An Artful Tour of NYC, 2012

After visiting the kids, we stayed in NYC for a few days, not far from Times Square. Too touristy! I doubt we'll stay in this area again.

Here is the detritus from the trip, mostly from NYC. We went to MOMA, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Art and Design (formerly the Craft Museum), and the Art Quilt Gallery on 25th. We even saw a Broadway play, The Book of Mormon.

Art that caught my eye at MOMA (forgot my camera at the Met).





I like this photo!

Kind of a blurry photo of me in front of a Jackson Pollack.

We saw the Empire State Building. We would have taken the tour if the line weren't so darned long. 

We found the Art Quilt Gallery on a sketchy street. There was a terrific Sue Benner exhibit going on, and a great quilt shop in the back.

I really enjoyed the Museum of Art and Design, in Columbus Circle near Central Park. I took a couple photos of quilt-like pieces.


They had some very unique jewelry!

Seen at Rockefeller Plaza.

Sorry, out of order. Detail of jewelry.

No comments: