Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What I've been working on lately

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I have been busy. I finished the ocean-themed baby quilt for my niece's new baby and have sent it off to them. I'll post photos in a few days, after they have it. I also have finished all five prayer flags for my sister-in-law's birthday. I'll post photos of them here after her bday (July), but I plan on posting them on the Prayer Flag Project blog sooner, one of these days.

I've also started a new quilt, something completely different: non-baby, non-prayer flag, non-applique. I would call it an art quilt by virtue of its unorthodox fabrics - not a quiltin' cotton in sight - although I am piecing it. I'm not quilting it, just some ties or buttons. I just started it on a whim, and I'm liking it.

Recently my granddaughter turned two! Happy Birthday, Samantha! Here is the dress I made for her, made with zoo-themed fabric we found in Cazenovia.

I also made her a birthday banner. Here it is in progress. Carol's letter stamps.




It turned out cute. They could use it for other birthdays.


I couldn't resist putting my "I Voted" sticker on Ginger on the day of the recent California Primary.

No comments: