Tuesday, November 19, 2013

new work for Whittier Art Gallery

I am working on two pieces for an upcoming group exhibit at the Whittier Art Gallery. Each piece had a "prompt," and the prompt for this one was "Broken Pull Toy." My piece is called "Fear of Losing Marbles." I used the same marbled fabric that I made at the Fibreye retreat last Spring and have been playing with.

Do you want to know the story? "Losing their marbles" is the rather rude way my husband describes the cerebral maladies inflicted upon some of our elders. Nuff said.

I like how it turned out. The robot-like head sits upon shoulders that resemble a car. The piece is small, 8" x 10", in an 11" x 14" frame.

The second piece is almost done. I'll post it soon. The "prompt" for the second one is "Red Light."

2 comments:

Stacy Hurt said...

Oh Cindy! This is too adorable! I love your visions!

Cindy Cooksey said...

Thanks! I forgot to mention that the buttons are vintage metal.