Thursday, May 29, 2014

A doll for my granddaughter

I finished this doll recently, a birthday gift for Samantha. I can't believe she will be four years old in a few weeks!

I got the doll pattern from the new book, "My Rag Doll," by Corinne Crasbercu. There are lots of great ideas in the book, and I'm happy how this doll turned out. I do think the instructions were vague, and some diagrams would have  helped. Luckily I figured out or did some things my own way.

She is wearing a dress the same fabric as one I made for Sammy. So here I am, 65 years old and playing with dolls!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this little girl! In person she is even prettier. I love, too, the way her hair can be changed into so many different styles. Great job, Mrs. Cooksey!

Cindy Cooksey said...

Thanks, Terry. She really was fun to make.