Saturday, October 16, 2010

Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece exhibit

The Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece exhibit has been touring the country for over five years, winding up this month at the Sherburne Museum in Sherburne, Vermont. I am proud that my quilt, "Gaps," was part of this exhibit. As part of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, over $421,000 has been raised and donated to research for a cure for this horrible disease.

The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative lives on, through monthly quilt auctions and another travelling quilt exhibit. I donated my quilt to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative so they can auction it off at some point, along with other quilts. I hope that I will be able to give a heads up when it is auctioned off.

Ami didn't want us to display photos of our quilts while they were on tour, but now that it's over, I'm assuming it's okay. I will download a photo of "Gaps" as soon as I track it down. For more info on the AAQI, go to http://www.alzquilts.org/

No comments: