Saturday, February 20, 2010

An Artful Tour of Pacific Beach

We're here in Pacific Beach in San Diego, California, visiting our son. Rain was forecast, but it has been mostly sunny, except for one brief dousing.

I took a walk this morning with my camera. It was so beautiful. This is the pier in Pacific Beach. People can stay in the little cottages on the pier! I want to do that sometime.




As I walked along the beach, I came upon a view of our hotel, the Pacific Terrace. It's a nice hotel, and we have an ocean view, but it's a little scary to see the unstable-looking cliffs below. Our room is on the bottom floor, you can barely see it.







I thought this was an interesting tangle of seaweed in the sand.










I noticed several sand berms along the shore, to defend against the promised rains. They say more is coming in the coming days, but for now it is a glorious day.

No comments: