Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sewing and Knitting Frenzy

Here are some things I have been working on lately. Most of them are for my granddaughter. She is 22 months, adorable, I am smitten, what can I say?

This sweater was quick and easy. Who knew that they made purple Peeps in the exact same hue?

Back of the bunny dress I sent off recently. I have had the Asian bunny fabric for a while, love it.

Front. It was almost a disaster, because I started with a pattern I found on someone's blog. It was seriously flawed. Luckily I had enough fabric to cut new sleeves and recut the bodice. The skirt part is a bit skimpy, but I think it'll be okay.


The lace is vintage, hand-dyed by me. I bought several yards of old lace, yellowed with age, for only $2. It dyes beautifully.

I took a purchased plain white tshirt (Zoey's boutique in Santa Ana) and made these circles by wrapping pennies in fabric and securing with small rubber bands. Easy shibori! Rit dye. This is to go with the lavender sweater and purple pants I made a while ago.

No comments: