Saturday, May 25, 2013

An Exquisite Moment quilt

This is old news, but I was on my trip when I found out that my quilt, "Grocery Shopping with Sammy," was accepted into the "An Exquisite Moment" special exhibit by Dinner at Eight Artists. It will go to the Long Beach International Quilt Festival in August and I'm not sure yet where else. I am very excited to have my quilt included in this wonderful exhibit.

I didn't have an image to share when I was on my trip, but now I finally have time to share it with you.


It depicts my granddaughter when I was grocery shopping with her at Wegman's in Central NY. My husband is hand embroidered in the background.

Detail of my husband in the background. He has been in three quilts of mine, that I can think of. Lucky him! ;-) He's wearing a hat in two of them. He has a moustache in all of them.


As long as I'm sharing things, here is the knitted cap I made on my trip to the UK! I knitted on planes, on trains, and once in a while in hotel rooms. I started it and finished the whole thing on the trip. It was a challenge. Every single row was different! The design is by Alana Dakos, which appears in her beautiful new book, Botanical Knits. Check out the book, it's really wonderful. I can't wait to try some of the other designs.

2 comments:

Stacy Hurt said...

Congrats again on your fabulous quilt and that hat is divine! Please bring it to FFA! I wanna see up close!

Cindy Cooksey said...

Thanks, Stacy. Yes, I'll bring the hat.