Thursday, May 2, 2013

home from our trip to the UK

We've been gone for three weeks! We visited our daughter and fam in central NY, then headed for England, Scotland and Ireland. It was a great trip, and I'll be sharing photos one of these days.

Trip detritus: rail tickets, maps, ear buds from plane, room keys, etc.


Some things I packed were useful, such as this little bag on a string, made by my friend Joanell. It was useful at various airports: it held my passport and boarding pass so I didn't have to fumble for them.


One thing I packed that wasn't useful was this vintage passport holder. I took it to France in 1969!

It's a pretty blue and I think it's kinda cool, but it was easier to keep my passport packed next to my wallet in my purse most of the time.


When we got home, we discovered our pomegranate tree was loaded with blossoms!

This mug was also waiting for me in the mail when I got home. It's my premium for subscribing to KCRW, and it reminded me of quilting designs, sort of.

Trip photos soon...

No comments: